Tv reception

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Your twisting what I said doesn't make it any less real.

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

Would like to know how old "F Murtz" aerial is? Is it a old Analogue or new digital?

Live in almost same area and my old Analogue was causing loss of reception when turning almost anything on.

Decided to remove Analogue get Terracotta Tile roof washed new gutters and fascia. Then paid $90 for TV guy to put in new digital aerial problem gone.

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.

appear to have fixed it, clip on ferrite mains side of electronic transformer and one turn in a donut on the 12 volt side.

It is a recessed flat 200 mm dia 25 watt led.(fairly bright)

Tv now works, it was a combination of signal and interference because on rare occasions the signal was strong enough to overcome the interference for a short time

Reply to
F Murtz

The conversation in question had nothing whatever to do with any aerial.

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

That's very arguable. If the aerial is doing a decent job, the sort of crap that the worst of the led lights put out should be enough to stop the TV reception with digital.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We already knew you'd lost the plot.

We were discussing the current waveform of a wattless dropper capacitor.

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

All to do with TV reception. The conversation seemed more to be turning towards how to start fires.

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

A new dedicated digital aerial put in by a proffesional fixed the same bull I was going through.

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

Could be coincidence and just now getting good reception.

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

You are wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Absolutely no chance, without the ferite lights on, tv picture off lights off, tv picture on except extremely rare occasion very conclusive over many many months even though I only recently discovered reason, since ferrite absolutely no hickups

Reply to
F Murtz

Good luck So your aerial is analogue?

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

the aerial system is probably probably both as it was existing with both systems but is working perfectly now.

Reply to
F Murtz

** TV antennas have no idea if the signal is analogue or "digital".

So called "digital" antennas are made to suit the new frequency arrangement s that have come along with the change to DTV.

So, antennas for capital city areas cover VHF chs 6 through 12 and the lowe r part of the UHF band. This makes them much smaller than previous antennas that covered the low VHF chs as well but likely missed chs 11 and 12. The better examples have more elements and higher gain than basic VHF/UHF model s of the past.

Rural areas are all UHF, have been for ages so there is no real change.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

There is no such thing as a digital aerial for TV in this country.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That means it's "dated" old like mine was. Got periods when reception was good

Now my TV show for 99 is

9 bars out of 10

Before old only ever got 3 to 4 bars

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

OK Digital Antennas But the local Antenna installers advertise "digital aerial" instalation.

--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
In the end, you ignore everthing and click "I agree"
Reply to
Petzl

** Of course they do - they know very well what side their bread is buttered on.

The word "digital" equates to magic in the minds of many consumers.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

There is no such thing as a digital antenna for TV in this country.

Just more sales bullshit. Yes it's a better antenna than your previous one, but there is nothing digital about it, its just as analog as the old one.

Reply to
Rod Speed