Fault on LCD TV, Samsung LE32B450C4W

Hi all,

I have a samsung LCD TV, model LE32B450C4W.

The TV will no longer turn on. The red LED stays red, and just blinks four times.

Opening up the TV reveals two PCB assemblies. One of these is the PSU and inverters. The other is the DTT tuner and the inputs board.

I strongly suspect a fault with the PSU/inverter board which is labelled BN44-00260A.

I can get these for 30 quid off Ebay plus £3.60 P&P.

It appears that PSU faults are very common with this samsung model.

Before I do so, is there a simpler & cheaper fix for this fault? I strongly suspect the capacitors, but would like to know which ones are suspect as this could work out cheaper parts wise (but obviously involve more time on my part and soldering skills.)

Regards

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H

Ask for assistance at

The 4 blinks are significant, they represent the error code.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill