Trickie's website ...

Went to look at Trickie Dickie's website late last night, as they are my nearest (and dearest!) option and I only wanted to check one part. But their site was in meltdown.

Today their server is up and running and I looked up the part. Can't believe the pic they use for the 4017. Do they supply them with the legs all bent around like that?

whocares

nearest

dse.com.au was dead for most of the weekend a couple of weeks ago.

As for the 4017, perhaps that's what it looks like after the idiots at the counter have turned it over a few times, looking for the catalog number......

Reply to
rowan194

"rowan194"

** I reckon the little feller looks like he is off for a jaunt ...

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

nearest

Was like that the other weekend too.

Probably, after all they still store them in the ridiculous foil covered sytrofoam!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

nearest

was

Maybe they charge extra for ones with straight legs ?

they are good at some things though

I got 10 optocouplers there last week, z-4810 and was charged $1.40. Normally $1.40 each.

Reply to
kreed

Thats so they will fit in cheap Chinese PCB's.

Reply to
Two Bob

nearest

Check the datecode - it's probably been passed around a dozen stores and warehouses a few times before it was photographed ...

Reply to
swanny

nearest

was

believe

It's a ploy to sell more pin straigheners - clever marketing.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yeah ask for the ones in the foam and no foil

You may as well ask for toilet roll at dick smith they now what shit is

Andrew Rich