Source for Dallas/Maxim DS1236AS-5 MicroManager chips

I am looking to source 100 Dallas/Maxim DS1236AS-5 MicroManager chips. They are obsolete, and while I can find huge numbers available from various (usually Asian) suppliers via Google, I cannot tell whether the chips are real or fake. It's also tough to find feedback on these suppliers.

I don't mind which country the components come from, as long as I can be sure that they are not fake.

Can anyone recommend any legitimate and honest suppliers of obsolete semiconductors?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Pete

Partminer ceased in 2012 (sold to IHS apparently) and putting your number into Donberg got no results.

There was another, but I forget the name.

Reply to
Ian Field

The one that slipped my memory is US Bid.

No matches there either!

Reply to
Ian Field

Thanks for your help, Ian. I have a query in with a USA company I found called 4 Star Electronics, since I found a couple of positive reviews on them.

All the Asian companies I enquired with claim to have heaps of these chips available, but they worry me.

I also found a company called IC Electronic Components who sell "refurbs", which I assume are IC's recovered from circuit boards. They also worry me!

Regards, Peter

Reply to
Pete

May I ask what you need them for?

Reply to
Clocky

For one final batch of 100 pieces of a 15-year-old design. It's a device used in time and attendance applications.

A new design would be technically preferable, but not financially viable, given the development costs.

Peter

Reply to
Pete

The only exact match here is "BasicEParts":

It shows that they only have 14, but it might be worth asking. They might be a bit of a worry too though.

Ah, just discovered that clicking on the links goes to "part not found". Nevermind.

--
__          __

One well known company bought a few hundred thousand microprocessors at a "good price", after a flood of complaints from customers they found that the packages were devoid of any silicon.

Organised crime has a simple choice - counterfeiting is a lot less jail time than drug running.

If you can still find a good archive of the data sheets, it might be worth studying the part number suffixes. Sometimes its just a minor package detail that makes no difference to the electrical characteristics.

Reply to
Ian Field

Found this:

I'll let you be the judge of whether they're trustworth.

Reply to
Ian Field