So much for the global lithium shortage

I can't rember if this was the newsgroup that had the thread. Warning, don't have a cuppa in your hand whilst listening.

news18

for-

I have a 2003 laptop (no flames plz, its needed to run an OLD windows software programmer that doesnt run on anything above xp and is no longer developed) with major battery failure, I smell the lithium everytime I open it up and hit the mains, so if tehy want to send a vaccum I can give them some back ;)

Reply to
noel

You can get the batteries repacked if the lappy is a critical requirement.

--

Xeno

"The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them
is a match."
		-- Will Rogers
Reply to
Xeno

"Smell the lithium"? What does it smell like? Electrolyte?

--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
~misfit~

IME, you can probably but a new replacement battery pack. I have a luggable lappy running Win98 and about 5 years ago, I was able to buy a complete replacement battery pack. Now, if I hadn't put the recharger in a safe spot, i'd be using it for wifi testing.

Also really need to build a battery tester/charge for all those cells in the various scavenged battery packs.

Reply to
news18