David Eather the Autistic

" David Eather the Autistic"

> What do you think autism is?
** What you have - pal.

ASD, Aspergers - whatever folk prefer to call it.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A lot of engineers and programmers are somewhere on the autism spectrum. In moderation, it's probably an asset. The ability to concentrate, compulsively, is necessary to design very complex systems. Lack of empathy is useful to allow one to escape bad group-think pressures. Or to be ruthless in business.

But why do you feel compelled to insult people for the way they were born?

John

"John Larkin" "Phil Allison"

** Do not ask me to debate YOUR self serving opinions with you.

You are the sole expert on your own opinions.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil,

I am not attacking you. Please note how I have not responded to any of your insults and have not called you any names.

This is what I don't know:

I think I know what autism is. In which case I can't imagine how it is an insult. I've written about that before. Even if I had autism it is not an insult. I can imagine that if someone went to a school in Australia and had autism, they would have been abused terribly by the other school kids and called all sorts of names based on the autism.

This has to be very clear: The kids doing the name calling were the ones with the problem. They were attacking anything "different". If there was no one with autism then they would have been attacking the black kid, or the Italian kid, or Chinese kid or even the kid with red hair or green eyes.

Despite what these undeveloped, uneducated, dick-head kids thought, "autism" is not an insult. They were and are wrong. And I wouldn't base my life's outlook on their stupid opinion.

That is what I don't understand. Autism as I understand it, is not shameful and not an insult. So what is your understanding of "autism"? It is a genuine question.

I don't care if you PM me.

Reply to
David Eather

I'm sensing a distinct lack of empathy here...

John