Serial EEPROMs

Hi, This seems to be the sort of query that's still best handled by liveware. Hope someone agrees.

I need to obtain a very small number of serial EEPROMs (8-pin is common format I believe), and connect them to PIC lowenders. No problems with doing it, I'm well set up for the hardware and software aspects, but I know virtually nothing about who sells what. The hobby cataalogues I have don't refer to them. Can someone point me to a local (Perth or interstate with good mail procurement setup - who hasn't these days?) outfit that can source small quantities in DIP package? Also, could someone suggest a manufacturer / range that's generally in stock? TIA

Reply to
bruce varley

Aren't Atmel making these in a big way?, maybe Dontronics sell them.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

WorldWide Electronics in Vic Park carry a few types. Mike will surely have the data books on the shelf too for browsing/copying.

Reply to
budgie

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

RS-232 to VGA. Many resolutions http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
USB to RS232 Converter that works http://www.dontronics.com/usb_232.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Why don't you go to Microchip (or any other manufacturer) and ask/order free samples. They usually send them super fast.

Jaycar have 24LC16 ($2.75 ZZ-8480) and 24LC256 ($4.95 ZZ-8485) 8pin DIP Serial EEPROMs.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

microchip has free shipping until the end of the month on all products ordered from their webshop buy.microchip.com

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson