Re: multi voltage power adaptor

Jasen Betts wrote

>> Rod Speed wrote >>> Jasen Betts wrote >>>> Rod Speed wrote > >>>>> And even if they did, and they don?t, have fun explaining >>>>> how our civilisation somehow managed to cope with >>>>> a change of sea level of hundreds of feet, and somehow >>>>> managed to cope with a significant drop in climate from when >>>>> the romans grew wine in england and the current climate. > >>>> Where are you getting this from? > >>> History, > >> Really? history? > > Fraid so. > >> wine doesn't grow, but assuming >> you mean grapes... what's significant? > > That when the romans were there, grapes grew well there.

Why is that significant? there's over 200 commercial vineyards in the UK today so they grow well enough today. Without trucks and trains the romans would be consuming mostly locally produced wine whether or not grapes grew well. because they still grow a lot better than they walk.

> and where did you get this claim from? > > History. You should try it some time.

nah you cribbed it from some fool somewhere, there was an idiot in a different newsgroup making a similar claim.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

Jasen Betts wrote

It shows that civilisation continued fine there even when there was significant climate change there.

That?s relatively recent. There werent when the Thames used to freeze over quite often.

That?s wrong too.

They used ships, not walking wine.

You are wrong, as always.

Because that?s the history stupid.