6V power cord into 5V device?

I have a small bluetooth speaker which has a small hole to put a charger in it which says 5V.

If I use a 6V charger in it, what is going to happen?

Reply to
Max

Actually, don't worry about it. I forgot that I had a multi-voltage charger.

Reply to
Max

Remember you're still at risk of killing it if you don't know the polarity of the DC socket.

For the record, don't use a 6V plugpack for a 5V device. Also if you're playing games with plugpacks, remeber the difference between regulated and unregulated plugpacks. Your bluetooth speaker probably expects to be used with a regulated plugpack, and an unregulated one (such as most transformer plugpacks) wouldn't be suitable.

--

Also even if it seems to be OK with the higher voltage, it may be dissipating extra heat. It could even become a fire risk.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Max volume goes to 11, instead of 10.