Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Sunday:

Excellent - will have to rush there ASAP and stock up on their extensive range of fart gadgets !!

Reply to
kreed

Hmm, weather station XC0332 RRP $299, sale price $120. In-car 4 input TFT monitor QM3772 RRP $249, sale price $115,

Now this is wierd... BBQ tongs with LED light GG2309 RRP $14.95, sale price $6.95.

The sale is only in Sydney...dammit....

dmm

Reply to
dmm

Their 150mm Plastic Vernier Caliper (TD2081) is down to "only" $9.95. I bought a couple of them from Rockby for about $2.00 each a while ago. No idea why Rockby were selling Jaycar branded plastic calipers.

Just in case anyone's interested, Aldi will be selling nice looking digital calipers for $19.99, starting tomorrow May 22. See

I'll be there. :-)

Reply to
Bob Parker

Just in case anyone's interested, Aldi will be selling nice looking

> digital calipers for $19.99, starting tomorrow May 22. > I'll be there. :-)

Hope you were there by 9AM. Most of their specials are sold out by 9:05AM! (obviously laws against bait advertising don't apply to Aldi)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

A workmate went down to Aldi at lunchtime and bought a caliper. It looks quite reasonable. It comes in a foam lined wooden box with a spare battery and appears pretty repeatable and well made. Has no auto off though, he says. Has an auto on when you move the slide though.

Reply to
geoffjunkster

I went there at lunchtime and bought 5 of them for me and workmates without any problems. I'm quite impressed by the quality and even the spare button cell. For $20 you can't go wrong. I just left mine turned on, sitting undisturbed and it turned itself off after about 5 minutes.

Reply to
Bob Parker

Grumble. Wonder when Aldi are going to reach the wild west.

Reply to
rebel

Read that Bob, went and had a look and ended up buying two.

Interesting 4 contact serial output port on the side, just above the battery, yet there is no schematic, or detailed info that I could see.

yes, how can you go wrong at $20

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Jaycar have stainless steel digital calipers (TD-2082) for $25.60+GST if you buy from Electus. $21.60 for 5+

Their "carbon composite" cheap type digital caliper (TD-2081) are only $8.95

Tons on Ebay for similar prices too.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks Dave, Believe it or not, I'd trust Aldi more than Jaycar to sell high quality stuff. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

A few of the automotive engineering-type blokes I work with got them, and all were impressed by the general construction and repeatability, not to mention the nice wooden case and even a spare button cell. Equal to professional digital calipers selling for 3x the price, one of them said.

Yeah, I noticed the connector too. I some net searching and found a few sites with info on the communication protocol and electricals, and how to build an interface for it. Handy if you're doing a lot of measurements you need to record.

Regards Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Betcha they come out of the same factory, and since when has either sold quality stuff!? :->

The Jaycar one is pretty good, for the price. Feels solid enough, repeatable, and matches the accuracy of better units. At least you'll be able to buy it next week. You'll never see that Aldi one again!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yeah but on the plus side, at Aldi you don't have to fight your way past screaming pencil holders and idiotic toys which give electric shocks. :-)

Also Aldi have a 60 day refund policy so they must be pretty confident about what they sell. If you don't like the product, just take it back. I doubt I'll be doing that with the calipers.

Reply to
Bob Parker

I went to Airport West ALDI, and they still had 30-40 in the box.

I got one for my friend Mick, but he had beaten me to it, but he grabbed the extra from me to sell at work, as they were chasing them also.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

On Fri, 23 May 2008 19:49:25 +1000, Bob Parker put finger to keyboard and composed:

Care to share?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

**Nice catch Bob. I bought two. Stainless steel and as accurate as my $150.00 Mitutoyo. Nice big digits and a bargain at the price.

Thanks for the heads-up.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Frank:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Well, I was in Aldi about 40 minutes ago, didn't see any farting keyrings, but Aldi go one better, and at a cheaper price !

in the next aisle, for only 49c, you can get a tin of baked beans that should be good for a few genuine farts, and as a bonus - unlike Jaycar

- come complete with smell

(large quantity of huge ugly female tattooed things too, but we wont go there)

-----------------

Excellent calipers though, especially for the price, even comes in a wooden box with spare battery. Very pleased.

micros:

kreed

No worries - happy to share useful info with my electronic mates here. :-)

I read on a woodworking newsgroup that Aldi sell these calipers on special every so often. Maybe they're trying to entice engineering blokes to shop in their stores?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker
--