Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

ISO/IEC 25900 (apparently it was first standardized by Ecma; the ISO standard is a later version).

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Perhaps the OOXML had a double oophorectomy... ;-)

|     Charles and Francis Richmond       |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Charles Richmond

ISO is notoriously weak on this point. ITU at least requires patent holders to either enter their patents into the public domain, or make a standard-wide consortium selling patent rights without prejudice. So you can buy rights for e.g. G.729 from one place at a fixed price. ITU also bans patent renewals. So on January 7th 2015 all the G.729 era stuff is free.

IETF does not accept patent enforcement in standards.

Both.

-- mrr

Reply to
Morten Reistad