PCMCIA Parrallel port

Gudday

Got a PCMCIA Parrallel port but it maps to some weird address not 378 and

278.

Useless to my PIC programmer.

Ideas ?

Reply to
Andrew Rich

1) Move to USB

2) Find out what port it is, and alter the software to suit. Help from the author may be required, if the hardware settings aren't user configurable.

3) Did I say move to USB? Parallel port programmers are becoming less reliable because of critical timing, faster computers, new OP systems.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

It's not address 3BC by any chance is it? That is an often used address for laptops, so it would not surprise me if a PCMCIA card used this address. Any good software should support this address. It is doesn't, move to USB. In fact I'd move to USB anyway.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

find a USB driven programmmer, you can get them for AVR.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Hmmm

I have a CP-PIC877 develop board.

It used parrallel port in circuit programming.

Maybe I should fit a ZIF socket instead and go for dons mplay usb programmer and transfre the chip.

Reply to
Andrew Rich

sure, ZIF sockets are a lot cheaper these days than a few years back.

Mind you, those green counterfeit 3M sockets from "Choina" made the prices plunge.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Hey Don,

I have this development board which uses a 7407 and PNP and parra port for programming.

I had an idea.

If ICSP is available for the USB PICSTART+ progarmmer you sell I should be able to:-

  1. Bypass and remove the existing 7407 and PNP cct and re-wire direct to support the USB programmer ICSP
  2. Dump the parralel port software and just use MPLAB with picstart selected ?
  3. The USB programmer would still let me program 40 pin PIC's if I need to. stand alone.

That would solve all my problems.

I just want to use MPLAB, and I don't want to have to swap chips all the time.

Comments ?

Reply to
Andrew Rich

If it is my dt001 board with the 4PDT Load/Run switch, then it makes it very easy:

but any board should be able to be converted to the above without too much drama.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Went a USB programmer from Dontronics - problems solved

Reply to
Andrew Rich