Need a laugh ?

** Hi to all my good mates,

Picked up a 2 pack of 150 watt, 240 volt halogen tubes ( 78mm long ) from Woollies at Ashfield yesterday - Mirabella brand.

They fit in a small flood lamp that lights up my metal work bench.

On the pack one is informed:

" HALOGEN LINEAR TUBE 240V Quick Start Non-Flickering "

Good thing I avoided the CRAPPY ones that warm up slowly and flicker - wot ??

ROTFL ....

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Remember seeing in a wallet some time back:

A tag saying "Genuine Vinyl".

At least they're not lying... :-)

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

I got a 2x500W setup at bunnings and it has a little sticker on it saying "may get warm", its get to about 100 degrees in a few seconds.

Apparently halogens flicker when they bad switches and contacts, but ive never seen it, must be like totally rusted contacts or something.

Reply to
MisterE

Na na, that was a typo. They forgot to include at the end, 'and no longer followed by the usual immediate burnout. (hopefully)'

Mark

Reply to
Mark Kelep

That means NO-ONE'S going to read any further. What a waste of time.

ruff

Reply to
roughplanet

Yeah, I guess it's a laugh at some of the "Jinglish" but overall its sad when you look at the manufacturing prowess Aussie used to have.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

"Rheilly Phoull" "Phil Allison"

** You presume way to much - Phoull.

There is no " jinglish" involved whatever.

BTW:

Mirabella International is an Aussie company that began in 1960 - based in Tullamarine in Melbourne.

See also the history of the company:

Seems they beat Philips Industries absurd claim to hold a world patent on the CFL.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Can you sue them if the lap DOESN'T get warm?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to
John Tserkezis

Ohh! wow Aussie manufacturers strike back. Happy days are here again !!

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

Err, do they actually manufacture here? Or even OS? Or just rebadge?

I know the brand, but none of the current CFLs of 10 are that brand. I think they came and went.

Reply to
Terryc

Every Mirrabella CFL I have owned was made in China. None lasted very long, so I won't touch them again.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Yep... which is why I clicked on yer post...

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

I used to live just near the Mirabella shop in Brunswick. I always thought it was the strangest thing because it was basically 3 shopfronts worth of a room filled with lights. Nothing suggesting that customers could come in and buy something; nothing suggesting it was an office location. It was a display but there was no actual information on how or where to buy the products. In the 5 years I lived in Brunswick I don't recall ever seeing anyone inside. I did see a car parked at the back entrance once, though! :)

FWIW I've also had bad experiences with Mirabella CCFLs, they died very quickly.

Reply to
rowan194

Same here. In a 3 tube ceiling strip type fixture pointing downwards, they were all dead within 3 months with ~8 hours use per day. I think the running temparature was too hot for the body in this position.

I replaced them with PHILIPS and none have failed after 12 months so far.

Glenn.

Reply to
glenbadd