Small motor coupling sourcing

I'm trying to find some (cheap) flex couplings to mate some 8mm stepper motor shafts to the 8mm end of some lead screws. Either the Huco style or the "slitted beam" types would be ok.

No luck with eBay, smallparts.com.au are a bit pricy.

Any suggestions for someone else in Oz that sells this type of thing with an online shopfront?

Thanks

Reply to
Dennis

depends how critical the application is, I have used rubber or neoprene hose and clips in the past.

Reply to
F Murtz

F Murtz Inscribed thus:

I was going to suggest reinforced rubber gas pipe. :-) I've done this a number of times with good results. A spot of washing up liquid helps if its bore is a bit tight...

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

A quick google suggests a suitable shaft coupler runs about %4.00 plus a little fright getting cheaper in volume , lab style heavy wall rubber hose works a treat (clarks)

--
Reply to
atec77

Yeah, it's always the fright that gets you :-)

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Try These guys,

Local to me & been very helpful in the past Cheers,

Gary.

Reply to
Metro Fab

That's the approach Codan have been using on their autotune antennae for donkeys' years.

Reply to
who where

Cheers guys - rubber hose is what I'll be using initially. Longer term I wanted something I can install & forget about.

Reply to
Dennis

Minibearings, I'd fogotten about them. Thanks I'll check them out.

Reply to
Dennis

Looks like I'll be using that approach initially. It for a small CNC router so the torque & usage may be a bit higher than Codans application.

I'll see whats in the junk box vacuum hose or small pwr steer hose should handle a bit of torque. thanks

Reply to
Dennis

My home made auto antenna tuner was manual before the mods and had hose on it a decade before it perished and failed , no clips just hose "(thick red rubber)

--
Reply to
atec77

Well usually there are some at your local hamfest , the goldcoast club is a week or two away

--
Reply to
atec77

I'm out west - bit far to travel!