Looking For I/O Card Solution

hi all im looking for some 96 way i/o cards prefer pci, does anyone know where i can get a pair and roughly how much i would pay

cheers

moo.

Reply to
moo cow

are the ducks guts. Assuming you need TTL input, the PCI-6509 is:
$440 + cable(expensive)

Cheaper lesser name solutions exist if needed.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

or if you prefer USB:

you will need a usb hub to run them all.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html
USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I gotta admit Don, after all the crap i delt you with advertising here, those USB serial devices are pretty decent. I detest USB because I think its not robust enough, but we only have a couple of incedents each month. I dont know how many devices have been purchased from you but i suspect its at least around the 200 mark. And BTW, the drivers used are the same as the CD shipped 2 years ago, so an upgrade would probably fix a lot of problems :)

What about ethernet to serial? WE are designing a new system ATM. ethernet to hp versalink fibre (1 serial port) under $100 would make for a lot of business!!

Reply to
The Real Andy

Thanks Andy,

I just checked my shelf stock on both the 10 cm and 1 meter cable versions, and they have 2006 CD's, however I know they did ship 2004's for a long time, possibly up until the current batch.

Fully compatible units using the new FT232R chips, will replace these in about 3 or 4 months. I have been advising my recent bulk customers of the changes. All tests have proven these to be as good, if not better than the previous versions, as they use less external components.

Of course USB have become a way of life, any decent PC starts with 6 ports these days, and it's to find any comsumer product that isn't USB.

Hmmm. Not aware of anyone currently making a device such as this. ??

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html
USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

We only create PC images when we get a new PC, so whatever you shipped

2 years ago is what we are using!

Also add the fact that now most cheap consumer PC's only have 2 PCI slots, so adding in PCI serial cards is not an option, hence the reason we use USB.

The biggest pain with USB is no locking connecter. Add that to the fact that I am to lazy to write software that will release and renew the handle to the comm port when a disconnect happens. I often think that I should write my own driver that talks directly to the FTDI USB driver, and avoid the virtual comm port thing.

I dare say this one will be outsourced to an engineering firm. Initial numbers of 1-2k required. Firmware probably to be written by myself. Offers welcome :)

Reply to
The Real Andy

Check out

They've got ethernet to rs232/485 servers. Don't know the price unfortunately.

Reply to
dmm