Help please (Advice) Remote Control Door question

Hi I have a remote control automatic Garage door opener.

On 2 occasions now, the door has opened by itself. it did it about 6 months ago, and it did it again last week.

I called the installer and he said it was impossible, that there are millions of codes, and it would be impossible for another control to open it.

The only way was if at the time he set the code, someone had a jammer or something and read the code, but that would be highly unlikely, as we have a normal house and not an Art Gallery or something you would want to go to that trouble to get the code.

So he won't give me peice of mind, so now I am stuck with a automatic door opener, but I have to lock it each time as I can not feel safe that it will stay closed.

My mums once opened during a heavy thunderstorm, but that might be normal.

Can anyone help me, as the installer won't, or should I take action towards him ?

Reply to
Terry

The guy should at least offer to come out and reset the code, maybe for a discounted call-out fee if it's been a while since it was installed. If he's being difficult, I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Reply to
Russ

. . .

With some of them you can reset the code yourself by changing the settings in a row of switches in both the transmitter and receiver. Some others work in a similar way but with small wire jumpers that need to be soldered.

I'm not sure if changing the code will solve the problem though.

Reply to
Andy Wood

It may not be anything to do with the remote or its coding. It may be the control unit, after the remote receiver.

Reply to
swanny