Flooding Vodafone datacentre

8 minute Video:

Security video footage of a flood going through a commercial (Vodafone) computer installation in Istanbul.

First 2 minutes is slowish. From 2 to 6 minutes is very active.

6 minutes on, goes back to timid.

Arguably not as good as yesterdays Russian man on the pedestrian crossing beating the bus, but well worth the look for anyone into electronics, or computers.

It's the sort of nightmare I dreamed about, but fortunately never had to actually go through.

1976 Melbourne cup was as close as I went. We were able to keep our powder dry (PDP/11-40s) from the rising flood waters, while some punters wore snorkels and flippers. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Ah Van der Hum the swimmer. Was my pick b4 the deluge.

Reply to
SG1

as we said at the TAB "Ubetcha" spot on SGI!

Main betting ring was under about 18" of water, and you could actually break into a swim, many did, such as the dudes (AKA blokes Circa 1976) in the snorkels and flippers. But it didn't stop the race of a nation.

Cheers Don...