Bob Pease

What surprised me, when I moved to California, is how many really hairy roads, where a second's inattantion will pitch you 400 feet down into the ocean, don't have guard rails.

John

It was our small way of limiting overpopulation.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

_check=3D1

Who will be No. 3?=20

Reply to
josephkk

..

Clarence Clemons

Wanderer

Just last month I purchased a hard cover copy of "How to Drive into Accidents - And How Not to" directly from Pease. He sent me an autographed copy.

That book was the first thing I thought about when I heard the news of how he died. How ironic.

I graduated as an EE from MIT about four years earlier than Pease and I'd met him several times over the years at those National Semiconductor tours he used to do.

He certainly was a character. I'd written him maybe 20 years ago with a comment about something he mentioned in one of his columns. He replied almost immediately in a very complimentry manner. But, in the envelope along with his letter was a listing of the cars he'd seen pulled over by the police in the last year, broken down by number according to the color of the cars. That one left me scratching my head.

RIP Bob, I hope I'll meet up with you again when it's time for me to head upstairs.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

..

Willam's

Not a member of the set of eligibles.

Reply to
josephkk

Yup, my daughter sheared off an 18+ inch pole (45 KV dual 3-phase feeder, not just your typical residential pole) and flipped my Honda Civic Hybrid a couple years ago. She got out without a single scratch! When we went to get personal stuff out of it, the doors still opened and closed perfectly, even though it had rolled over and the roof was mashed down about a foot. I was amazed at the structural integrity of the passenger compartment.

Of course, Bob could have had a medical problem that caused the wreck, not the other way around.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson