Bob Pease 1940-2011

I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

I knew Bob for the last twenty plus years, worked with him, debated him and respected the wealth of knowledge he had.

He liked and got a lot of public attention, in private he was a knowledgeable engineer with endless interests.

He will be missed, and the world has lost a real character.

Walter Banks Byte Craft Limited

Reply to
Walter Banks

And that just after Jim Williams - in fact Bob was returning from Jim's memorial when he crashed his car:

Tragic.

Steve

--
http://www.fivetrees.com
Reply to

I was talking to a friend who is also an engineer the other day and he didn't know who Bob Pease was! I was floored and tried to explain to him why Bob is so significant. I found that I really couldn't put it into words adequately. Paul Rako did a great job of it in his article.

Bob was iconic as a nerds nerd and proud of it. But not the stereotypical nerd. He was a unique nerdtype all his own. He will be missed.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

is

les.

Our role models die one by one, achievements and discoveries and original thoughts are silenced one voice at a time, and all we have to offer our future is PowerPoint and schedule compliance and ROI and CPM and unique visitor counts.

I sat on my hunkers. I looked through my peepers. I saw the dead burying the living.

Reply to
larwe

Well said.

Reply to