Amplifer for Old Hall

hi i plan to liven up my old 1911 hall with the latest music,and a party atmosphere. I have chosen an Amplifer,mainly cause its cheap,but just want some opinions on ho many watts i really need to fill the area.

The area is 16meters x 8 meters and the ceilings are high,they start at about 3.4m then gable up,the roof is well insulated as ity has singles out of wood.

It has a stage and thats were the amp and speakers are heading out of the way of the possums.,

anyway the amp is

not sure if that link works.

Reply to
CyBorg 0091

**Speakers are your main issue. The choice of amplifier may well be inconsequential. A 100dB/2.83VRMS/1M can deliver as much SPL using 100 Watts, as a 90dB/2.83VRMS/1M does with 1000 Watts.

Focus on speaker choice.

BTW: Unless you happen to be a septic, it's spelt METRE.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

TRK:MEWAX:IT&_trk...

maybe i should have four speakers instead of two I had only planed to use two speakers, the ones i was looking at were 1000w each DJ /PA speakers. what size speakers should i be looking for with that amp.?

thanks Trevor

Reply to
CyBorg 0091

is

**You're not listening. The EFFICIENCY of the speakers is critical to their SPL ability in any given room. DJ/PA speakers could be rated anywhere from 85dB/W/M to more than 100dB/W/M. You need to tell us the efficiency and the power ratings of the speakers. And, of course, this presumes you're not contemplating using some dodgy, eBay sourced speaker of dubious pedigree.