Hall Sensor

Is there a hall sensor sensitive enough to detect the earth's magnetic field. If so please can someone identify it for me.

Reply to
browntrout

Yes there is, Siemens/Phillips make one called the KMZ-10B and has been seen used in Head Trackers for Virtual Reality head sets. Built like a four leg bridge..They are four leaded and in a package style like the TO-92 transistors.

I have lots of them..and they work really neat. Could be used to detect bicycle theft too. Earths Gauss is about 0.9 or so.

KW

Reply to
kilowatt

Thanks