Albert Ramsbottom

G'day again.

Many years ago EA magazine published a poem which was a send-up of a

1930s Stanley Holloway monologue. It was about Albert Ramsbottom's pirate radio station.

A couple of the lines I can remember were "the valve lit oop shiny and red" and "'e strode up to mike like announcer" and "'e showed him 'is badge marked 'RI'".

Does that ring any bells for anyone? An EA reader e-mailed me, asking if I know where he could find a copy of it.

Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Gday Bob . . . as far as I can recall, it wasn't all that long before I joined EA (December 1969) so I'd be looking at issues from about 1965-1969. If I get the time, I'll glance through the back issues we have here at SILICON CHIP. Cheers!

Reply to
ross.p.tester

Hi there Ross,

I thought that someone here would recognise the poem. One of my mates has a fair collection of EA magazines so I'll ask if he can help too. Thanks for offering to help!

Cheers, Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker