Finish the poem...

Old cats with whiskers long know not to venture into spaces shot with narrow exits which once passed will soon be closed with windows glassed.

But kitties young, with whiskers short will venture anywhere for sport

--
John Fields
Reply to

And if caught short, without a thought Abort

Reply to
Robin

Not really a finish but still makes a nice diversion. Lifted from somewhere: Cat Haiku

You never feed me. Perhaps I'll sleep on your face. That will show you.

You must scratch me there! Yes, above my tail! Behold, elevator butt.

I need a new toy. Tail of black dog keeps good time. Pounce! good dog! good dog!

The rule for today. Touch my tail, I shred your hand. New rule tomorrow.

In deep sleep hear sound Cat vomit hairball somewhere. Will find in morning.

Grace personified I leap into the window I meant to do that

Blur of motion, then- Silence, me, a paper bag What is so funny?

The mighty hunter Returns with gifts of plump birds Your foot just squashed one.

You're always typing Well, let's see you ignore my Sitting on your hands.

My small cardboard box You cannot see me if I Can just hide my head.

Terrible battle I fought for hours. Come and see! What's a "term paper"?

Kitty likes plastic Confuses for litter box Don't leave tarp around

Small brave carnivores Kill pine cones and mosquitoes Fear vacuum cleaner

Want to trim my claws Don't even think about it! My yelps will wake the dead

I want to be close To you. Can I fit my head inside your armpit?

Wanna go outside. Oh, no! Help! I got outside! Let me back inside!

Oh no! Big One has been trapped by newspaper. Cat to the rescue!

Humans are so strange. Mine lies still in the bed, then screams! My claws aren't that sharp....

Cats meow out of angst "Thumbs! If only we had thumbs! We could break so much"

Litter box not there You must have moved it again I'll crap in the sink

The Big Ones snore now Every room is dark and cold time for "Cup Hockey"

We're almost equals I purr to show I love you Want to smell my butt?

--
    Boris Mohar
Reply to

a few survive John's diverse snares while others are devoured in John Fields lair

--
Scott

**********************************

DIY Piezo-Gyro, PCB Drill Bot & More Soon!

http://home.comcast.net/~scottxs/

POLITICS, n.
A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. - Ambrose Bierce

**********************************
Reply to
Scott Stephens

and get their little asses trapped they wish that 'for they left they'd crapped.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

though target tapped not scratched or clawed by kitty, turning, quickly bored.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

And in Shanghai or in Bangkok They end up sizzling in a wok.

Reply to
Bob Stephens

"John Fields" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I've inserted a blank line, to make it look finished.

New cat, John?

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

And now I've told you these travails, I'll have to take out all those nails!

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

-- Scott

**********************************

DIY Piezo-Gyro, PCB Drill Bot & More Soon!

POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. - Ambrose Bierce

**********************************
Reply to
Scott Stephens

So ask not pussies doomed to die To what abode they go; Such knowledge is but Sorrow's spy; It is not safe to know.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Kits have no fear they can explain for given the worst eight lives remain.

Rocky

Reply to
Rolavine