8-pin DIL headers

I'm looking for some 8-pin DIL headers. They fit into a DIL IC socket, and they have slotted pins on the top, onto which you can solder components, wires and stuff while developing a project. Dick Smith, Jaycar, and Altronics don't seem to have them. RS has them in fourteen-pin size and upwards, but they are not suitable for cutting to size. I have a few, and sadly realised that I have had them for thirty years. Does anyone know if they exist and if they are available? Online, or by mail because I live in the bush. Thank you.

Reply to
L.A.T.

US$0.57ea

$5ea LOL!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks for that.

Tony

Reply to
L.A.T.

"L.A.T."

** A " machine pin " DIL socket can be used for that job:

The pins are strong and the holes will take a component lead.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Makes sense. Thank you