Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?
Anyone know why Farnell is changing their name to "element 14"? Maybe they are in real trouble in Australia. There stock levels have been low lately.
10
10

How to get around the incandescent globe ban
8
8

What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope
I am thinking of getting one of these Given I have lots of flat screen and mice already laying around it seems good value. Or is the Rigol 1052E better? I will probably only use it occasionally...
4
4

Early compact fluoro failure - Philips
A had a Philips compact fluoro fail after what cannot have been a large number of hours. I pulled it apart to see what was wrong. I rather think the reason is apparent in those pictures. It seems to...
44
44

Some technical aspects of valve amps
Reacquainting myself with valve technology, a mate has asked for some advice on building a valve guitar amp. Couple of things I've picked up on: #1: Many of the classic circuits have the standby...
3
3

off topic....
hi, i`m trying to find if theres a table or calculator online that will allow me to plug in a diameter of a hole in mm (i.e 1.5 mm , carburettor jet ..) then plug in the % increase ... i.e 33 % , ,...
44
44

Identify Ribbon Cable
Would anyone know where I can source ribbon cable like the one in the link below please? It's conductors are pre-tinned and spaced about 2mm apart and stiff, but still flexible. The sample shown comes...
6
6

ABC technical history: the other book
Received my copy of '50 years of ABC technical services - Alright leaving here', by Doug Grant yesterday. It covers the ABC technical services from 1950 onwards, up to about 2006. Very different to...

Fortron "continuous power filter" are what?
I inherited a bunch of these things. They seem rather old, I could not find any specs for the model number. I am curious: are they just a spike limiter, or is there really some "filter"? One job I...
2
2

Slightly OT 100% CPU loading
I suspect this is slightly OT for this newsgroup and any advice as to where else to go (no, not there!) would be appreciated. I experience hangups on *some* websites *only*, and investigations show...
8
8

Microsoft plans biggest Patch Tuesday ever
Microsoft is due to issue its biggest ever Patch Tuesday, with 16 bulletins set to be addressed. Microsoft has planned its biggest ever Patch Tuesday for October, with a total of 49 vulnerabilities...
2
2

Brother laser and transfer PCBs
Does anyone know if using a recycled toner cartridge can solve the problems of using toner transfer with Brother printers? All the best Ian Macmillan
5
5

Aus telephone voltages and frequencies
Anyone here know the Australian standards for a) DC voltage on a quiescent telephone line. b) voltage (peak and RMS) and frequency of ring current . Is it a pure sine wave? c) are the standards...
21
21

World's fastest laptop
AVADirect Clevo X7200: Six Cores, SSD RAID, and GTX 480M SLI Yields World's Fastest DTR Notebook. The Clevo X7200 is an absolute tank, weighing in at 12.1 pounds for a basic configuration with a...
1
1

wtb: DSP56002RC40
Hi all, I'm looking for a qty of 4 older Motorola dsp chips. Preferably the DSP56002RC40 which is a pga package but the QFP version DSP56002FC40 on the correct 132 pin adapter board would suit too....