Share your keyboard and mouse between computers with Barrier

On Thu, 21 May 2020 14:46:57 -0000 (UTC), Martin Gregorie declaimed the following:

That's going to be very few... Win10 INITIAL RELEASE was July 2015!

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

I did think about that but it requires a bit of software support, and having 5 Pi Zero's for a 4 port KVM starts adding up the cost, although you can use 1 decent power supply and mount them in a single box.

That would be required to make it really useful, so you could switch the keyboard, mouse and monitor from a hot key combination. The cheap HDMI switches I have come with a remote and a plug in IR sensor, so you could either use an IR LED on the Pi, or connect use a GPIO line to drive the input directly.

I think that would be slightly more work to implement.

That's very important, I back in the Pi 1 days, I had a mechanical USB switch and it was unreliable and occasionally caused the Pi to hang. I've had no problems with a fully electronic switch.

---druck

Reply to
druck

The great advantage is you download it, unzip it and run it and 99% of the time there's nothing to set up. It just works. Simple and quick to get X working on Windows. I still use Putty and, more and more, WSL's ssh. For people like me that have to use Windows and Linux, it's very useful.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Other than the licensing terms of the Xming binaries?

Reply to
Andy Burns