Mouse Button Replaced by Keyboard Stroke?

Anyone know of a application that allows a keyboard key combination to emulate holding down the right mouse button?

(I have trouble holding down the right mouse button while moving the mouse in random directions... just feels weird to me ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Just turn on 'Click Lock' in the "control panel -> mouse" dialog. You can set the time you need to hold down the primary button (left button).

Martin Riddle

No such setting... Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 ...Jim Thompson

Doesn't that "Application" dedicated key do just that by default?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Check for an updated driver, or get a Logitech. My Vx Revolution has the option in the mouse properties ( not setpoint ) I see not all mice drivers have clickLock.

Martin Riddle

PSpice Schematics has scrolling by scroll bars only.

"ScrollNavigator" add-on allows holding down right mouse button while dragging mouse to scroll x-y. Nice. But my finger doesn't seem comfortable holding right mouse button down... just clicking ;-) ...Jim Thompson

What is the difference between the VX and MX versions? Too many choices... bewildering ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Maybe the "Accessibility" options in the control panel may help you. You can use the numerical keypad to control the mouse.. you may be able to hold down a key there while moving the mouse around.

Reply to
Jamie

Re-reading you post, ClickLock only applies to the Left mouse button. Not the Right. So even the Logitech mouse wouldn?t help.

Martin Riddle

This might be what your looking for ....

Martin Riddle

Thanks, Martin!! ...Jim Thompson

"The source of well-being in this country is employment."

                - Steve Wynn, On Fox News Sunday, 11 October 2009

With MouseKeys enabled, "5" (numpad) is the left mouse button and "+" (numpad) is the right mouse button. You can still use the mouse for moving. The shortcut for enabling MouseKeys is ALT+LeftShift+NumLock.

Reply to
Steve Hall

Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know there was a short cut to enable them. Well, learn something every day I guess :)

Maybe that has been the demise of some of my screwy mouse action when I get carried away!

Reply to
Jamie

If you need to use a mouse to turn on MouseKeys, it kind of defeats the purpose. :)

Reply to
Steve Hall

You don't need the mouse. You can switch between the 'OK', 'Cancel', and 'Settings' buttons with the L&R Arrow keys, then activate the button chosen with the Space Bar.

Bill

Reply to
Garberstreet Electronics