Which glue, available at any hardware store, for the screen of a mobile phone?

However, there's a problem. I don't know exactly which of the many

> types of tapes that use 300LSE is best for holding smartphone screens > together. Probably the one with the thinnest backing. However, you > want a temporary bond, which makes the high strength characteristics a > rather bad idea.

Hi Jeff,

I forgot to update this "wringability" thread, for which I apologize since I always solve the problem and I always update the thread so that others may benefit from the tribal knowledge of the solution employed.

As you may recall, this was the starting point on the LG Stylo 3 Plus: where the goal was to enable wringing by finding an ultrathin non-permanent replacement glue/cement that was rubbery and not liquid (as that could easily clog openings) and that was so thin as to allow the "wringability" features of two extremely smooth mutually flat surfaces to enable the glass plates to stick together like gage blocks, due to: a. Air pressure b. Surface tension c. Electron interchange

In this situation, I found this pack of 300 "glue dots" for a few bucks.

They were labeled "ultra thin" at 3/8" diameter (10mm) circles. UPC: 6 34524 04029 9 (GlueDots.com, 888-458-3368)

They come on a strip about an inch apart where they're sticky on both sides of the dot which you place onto the glass protective screen as needed.

They're the consistency of a "flat gel" in that they easily crumple up into goop if you're not careful in your placement technique:

The trick is mostly in the technique of placing the dots which I can barely see with my 80-year-old eyes so I ended up cutting the paper backing so that I could at least tell where the edge of the glue discs was:

Another trick was to _leave_ the paper backing in place until the very end, which I didn't do on the first attempt, but then I did on the second try:

Yet another trick was to flip the glass sandwich plate the other way so that the tape, instead of being face down, was face up, which was the BETTER way to do it (which was only learned by trial & error):

The end result is that the thin glass sandwich has been working great for weeks now, so I must very much THANK YOU for being one of the few people on this group who understood the problem set, and who outlined a simple repair plan that worked beautifully - and - the best part is that there are hundreds of glue dots left to repair OTHER things similarly.

Thanks for your expert help & advice to solve this specific repair problem, which you could do because you actually comprehended the problem set.

Reply to
arlen holder