Mobile phone interface

I know it's possible to set up a PDA to use a mobile phone to dial out (because I've done it), but now I'm looking for a slightly simpler solution to a different problem...

Ideally I'd like to hook up a relay to a phone so that it dials out when the contacts are made. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Reply to
CWatters

Some phones have speed-dial which is accessed by holding down one key (1 is often labeled as voicemail - but you can change the number to whatever you want). All you'd need to do is (physically) hack the keypad, or have some mechanical actuator hold down the key.

Other phones have reasonably simple serial connections on the bottom which you can use to control the phone, but they vary a lot from manufacturer to manufacturer. The protocol and cable (RS232) for my Siemens S55 are simple enough.

Tim

--
Love is a travelator.
Reply to