Transistor identification help (HP3457A)

I have a TO-92 Motorola transistor that I've been unable to identify. It markings are: ______ | 4-| | 094| |m913|

----- The m in the above pic is the Motorola logo.

It's out of a HP 3457A DMM. Unfortunately, none of the service manuals that I've downloaded has the schematic or parts list of this particular revision of the circuit board. It located on the analog portion of the meter and is part of the optically coupled serial interface to the digital section.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
JW

How do you know it's a transistor ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Assuming. I, of course, could be wrong... The device is shorted, so I can't test it to be sure. Of course it's the only one in the whole meter, otherwise I could have extracted another for testing.

Reply to
JW

They appear to be HP numbers. The 4- is the end of 1854-xxxx. Don't know about the rest. I have a pdf file of cross references if you want it? email me direct.

Reply to
Colin Horsley

Reply to
carneyke

of

I have a cross reference that says (if the above is true) that it is

1854-0094 = MPS3646 Don't know if this is even similar, but just thought I would throw it out there.
Reply to
Ken

of

Bingo! That was it. Meter is up and running again. Thanks everybody for all your help, and thank you Colin for those cross refs - they will prove to be quite valuable, I'm sure!

Reply to
JW