Sumsung monitor intermittent startup

Hi,

Samsung 931B LCD Monitor

Monitor and computer are switched off overnight. In the morning I switch on the monitor and computer The monitor switch button glows blue Display flickers on and off maybe 5 or six times then dies and monitor switch light dies also I turn the switch off then on again, and experience the same result After I have gone through this procedure maybe 6 or 7 times the display eventually stays on No problems with display until the next morning when I have to repeat the whole process again to get the display running.

Is this repairable. How do I open the case?

Al Moodie

Reply to
Al Moodie

You can open any case with a BIG HAMMER!! this will also permenantly fix you LCD monitor for good; it will never work again.

Problem solved.

Reply to
Shaun

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:11:06 -0400, Al Moodie put finger to keyboard and composed:

Look for an FCC ID on the label. Then fill in the Grantee Code and Product Code boxes at this URL:

The internal photos should identify the tabs in the cover. With any luck you may also score a circuit diagram.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

In article , How do I open the case?

I just went through the same with a flat screen... take a look at the post earlier, the tag is:

Re: DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.

Lots of hints on how to open those cases. Also lot of information pertaining to bad capacitors that were put in these monitors.

see..

Good Luck

S.

Reply to
Samantha

Yes, it's repairable. These symptoms are typicaly caused by bad capacitors in the power supply. The best way to fix it is by replacing ALL of the capacitors in the power supply with high temperature, low ESR caps. I prefer Panasonic FM and FC series, but other manufacturers also have excellent parts. Digikey is a good source if you are in the USA.

Opening the case varies by model. Usually you have to remove the stand, remove any screws holding the back on, then CAREFULLY pry the two parts apart. I prefer to start at the botton. The tool of choice varies depending on who you talk to. Some prefer a putty knife, others a credit card, a guitar pick, or even a thin bladed screwdriver.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

Sometimes a thumbnail is the best tool, becsue you can feel the latches as you slide it along the seam. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I used to use a blank PC card slot cover, with the pointy end filed down a little.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

If you can use your thumbnail, you don't have to worry about scratching the case. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi,

Not exactly a repair but I've found that if I turn the monitor switch on first thing in the morning, then go do something else for 10 minutes, when I come back there is no display, but then if I turn the switch off and on again the display stabilizes after a few flickers.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie