ISO oddball cooler (or repair thereto)

Hi,

I've got a SunPCi II (coprocessor board) that has a noisey cooler. So far, I've not been able to find a direct replacement -- nor anything else that comes close to the same form factor, etc.

This auction has an illustration of the cooler:

Any suggestions as to how I could repair/replace/emulate this and still fit in the space available (i.e., not interfere with the adjacent cards)?

Thanks!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

The noisy part is most likely the fan. If you can remove the existing cooler without damage, you can probably find an equivalent fan in surplus. Try these dealers:

John

Reply to
news

Yeah, that seems pretty obvious! ;-)

No joy in any of those places.

If you examine the photo, it is not a conventional fan nor cooler. Even the CPU socket to which it mounts is non-standard (else I could have just found a cooler designed for *that* particular type of socket!)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Why not post this on the Sun Rescue mailing list?

geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Reply to

No luck, there. (I could replace the board but I would rather

*fix* it). Apparently, no one knows of a source for the coolers themselves.
Reply to
D Yuniskis