Rice cooker, opening

Asked to fix one of these, but am stumped at the start: how does one open i t? There's no screw on the plastic base under the label, and the feet aren' t removable. The only other accessible screws are the 2 on the rear side: r emoving the top one doesn't free the wraparound side at all, the lower one is the earth connection. Puzzled.

The thing is o/c. It looks like a simple nonelectronic one, likely an easy fix if I work out how to open it!

Reply to
tabbypurr

Looks like some sort of snap-fit system. Are those black dots on the feet holes, or little rubber bits? If holes, you may be able to release the feet through them.

Landfill, or not, I expect that you will find replacement with a more serviceable model to be the expedient choice.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

I don't know how to get into it, but here's how that style works. Very simple, but advanced thinking went into it.

I you don't want to hear about Latent heat of vaporization and boiling water skip to 4:40.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

that looks like it pretty much. I couldn't read the brand in Chinese.

holes. The feet are integral with the base, nothing to remove. (I'll recheck that when I can.)

There's really nothing wrong with it other than there being something wrong with it :) It may happen, but if I can open it it should be an quick easy job from then on.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have seen devices that require a thin tool inserted into the holes (please, not when plugged in), to release internal tabs. Maybe that?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

00.pdf

et holes, or little rubber bits? If holes, you may be able to release the f eet through them.

eck that when I can.)

erviceable model to be the expedient choice.

ng with it :) It may happen, but if I can open it it should be an quick eas y job from then on.

Update time. Feet are moulded into the base. Turns out I'd overlooked the o bvious. The base is fixed with one screw over on one side under a paper lab el - I just hadn't considered it might be fixed so oddly. And yes, an easy fix it is. It probably will get replaced with a more modern one, but it'll do for the week ahead. Thanks.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

And what was that?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

just an o/c connection, and the cook switch contacts needed a clean.

Reply to
tabbypurr

When I was a kid we had a vaporizer (humidifier that used electrodes in water inside a sealed container) that looked like it was designed in the

50's or early 60's. It had an excellent safety that required you to insert its own plug to unlock it to open for cleaning, and it locked the plug in place until you closed it.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Disappointed no one had any interest in this. If you have no interest in this, you should see the one about the color brown :-)

OK, I did find it interesting.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx