Ribbon cable (hp g60 laptop)

Some ribbon cables push in and pull out. Power/ wireless button cable on the above is held in the socket by a black latch. Unfortunately I tried pulling and broke the latch. Suggestions? TIA Jon

Reply to
anonemailaddy

They're known as ZIF (zero insertion force) sockets and easily broken. I've used a small piece of plastic and superglue making sure pressure is kept until it hardens to maintain contact connection. Be very careful not to get glue on the contacts. Few suggestions here:

Kenny Cargill