Ribbon cable

Hi all ,

I am relentlessly trying to integrate SMSC 91C111 with Xilinx FPGA. I have the integration working on a evaluation board , perfectly . Now I have a PCB spun out wiht the same circuit on the evaluation board with only the SMSC chip on it. Which I need to connect to my own board with the ribbon cable. I have varified the timing of the address and data lines (setup and hold etc) but the microblaze on my FPGA is not able to read/write registers at all?

For ppl with experience with SMSCs , what are the debug stratagies I could take ? Has any one had such problems with SMSC chips before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic