problem with Samsung DVD Player

Hi I try to fix Samsung DVD player model HT-DM150.DVD disk no spin.I checked that there is no beam from optical pick up means that pick up can not send signal to LSI that it got focus and thats why LSI cannot send signal to spin disk.This is my own opinion.If Im not right please correct me.My question is how can I check optical pick up if its good or not using oscilloscope or multimeter?I checked the power which is goes to laser diod.The power is present in about 3V but still no beam.Please help me.Thanks

Reply to
Max

Impossible to tell for sure from your post, but a bad laser pickup is the most common suspect for problems such as yours, and Samsungs have a pretty bad reputation for this. The only practical way to be certain would be to try a new pickup or a known good sub mech from a like model. The economics of the situation work against a repair in situations like this. I would replace it with a Pioneer model - their pickups seem to last longer on the average.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias