Pc freeze

When ever I put a cd in the cd player my screen freeze, usually it`s a burn cd, movies or musics. please help!

Reply to
rgraham1232000

Three things come to mind:

1) Defective CD Reader. If you can, substitute a known good reader. If you have two readers installed, are they both exhibiting the same symptom?

2) Poor connections at CD Reader, motherboard, or both. Ensure cables are properly seated.

3) Defective IDE controller on motherboard. Change configuration of Hard Drive and CD Reader so that the hard drive is master, reader is slave and both share the same IDE ribbon cable. Disconnect the second IDE cable. See if the reader works OK while piggybacked to the hard drive. If so, either leave it this way, buy a second IDE card, or buy a new motherboard.
Reply to
Bob Kos

"Bob Kos" wrote in news:p1Khg.10360$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

4) Bad software or OS install.