Need advice on cutting firewire cord - 4pin to 6pin - help please

I have a camera with a DV input/output (firewire) with bent pins. Since the tradition firewire 4pin isn;t going to make the connect, I was thinking about cutting the cable open and connecting the 4pin manually (since the bent pin inside the camera is too short, if I cut open the firewire cable, I could get it to connect because the little steel piece that effectively let's the male end only go in a short distance would therefore be eliminated.) Is there anything I should worry about? Is there a chance of shorting anything out in my camera with this method?

Reply to
David D

ruleworld