4pin to 4pin firewire - cut off heads and attached to a 6pin firewire - problems?

I had a cheap 4pin to 6pin firewire cable. After some cutting, I accidently cut into one of the 4 pins (that goes to the camera). I had another cheap 4pin to 4pin cable. So I cut the heads off that and wanted to splice the head to the 6pin fire wire cable (remember the other 4pin to 6pin cable, the 4pin head I screwed up on). So is this going to be a problem? It is just Black, Red, Green and White for both cables. The only difference I saw was copper wire on the 6pin to

4pin cable and silver wire on the 4pin to 4pin cable. Any ideas or problems with it? I don't want to hook it all up to my computer and short out my computer or the camera...

The 4pin that I cut was to expose more of the 4pins that connect to the camera. I believe that I have bent the pins on my camera and want to get in farther with the 4pin cable to see if there really is a connection working...

Thanks

Reply to
David D