Maytag Neptune motor not running!

Hopefully i can get some help with my Neptune here. My problem is that i was changing the drain pump on my washer which was no problem but when i connected it and started it i noticed a spark from a cut orange wire which leads to the drive motor board and i saw that the

10 amp fuse was blown. I disconnected, repaired the wire, and i replaced the fuse but once i start the washer the motor will start for a second then the fuse blows. The washer will drain the water but the motor will not spin. I checked the rest of the wires for any shorts and i am stuck at this spot.. Could someone give me a little help? Thanks
Reply to
elacesar

Sounds like you blew one of the MOSFETs on the motor drive board. Do you have the old through-hole board or the newer surface mount one in the plastic box? Either way they're essentially VFDs driving a 3 phase induction motor. The MOSFETs are replaceable, though it may have also blown the driver chip. In my case I got very unlucky with one of these and it blew not only half the MOSFETs and two of the driver chips but took out the large custom controller chip as well, it was time for a new motor board.

Reply to
James Sweet

Sounds like you shorted out one of the output phases of the motor drive board. From what I've seen, you will likely need to buy a replacement board as faults like this generally damage more than just the output MOSFETS.

--
James T. White
Reply to