running 50hz motor on 60hz

Sorry if I double posted. I am not sure the first post got through.

Can I run this pump on 60 hz with/without a converter. If I need a converter, would you know about how much one would cost and where I could get one?

I would appreciate your help.

Thank in advance for your help. Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Honestly, I don't think that it will make a pinch of difference in this case. We frequently run 220v European motors here on 60hz.

K `Sleep

One side effect of running the motor on 60Hz instead of 50Hz is higher RPM by about 20%. That would also affect the performance (and life) of the attached pump.

Peter

Prest> Sorry if I double posted. I am not sure the first post got through.

Peter Orban