Matsui 28WN20.

Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have to hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Ian Field

Maybe here?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Many thanks - also found info on the Hitachi that phutted yesterday.

Reply to
Ian Field

usually degaussing doesn't need to be fixed unless you move the tv. The dual element thermistor can most likely be replaced by a standard one from almost any other colour tv.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Incorrect: there are 2 types - the usual one is dual PTC, the "spare" PTC is directly across the mains to heat the active one and cut it off. the very early single PTC had a load resistor and fed to the coils via a 68V VDR. Some are PTC/NTC - the NTC is heated by the current draw of the TV/monitor which also provides inrush surge limiting.

My TV has a single PTC and a time delay relay - fairly common on PC monitors. Some had a front panel degauss button so you could do it manually as well as at power up.

The most common failure mode is the thermistor pellet sometimes shatters - my TV also has some electronics that could fail.

Reply to
Ian Field

So plenty to choose from. Motor & magnet is another option.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Choose away - fitting a PTC/NTC where a PTC/PTC should be; usually blows away a few copper tracks.

Reply to
Ian Field