Magnavox VCR/DVD MWD2205 Changing Output to Channel 4

Hi,

I have a relative who moved recently and asked me to hook up her Magnavox VCR/DVD model MWD2205. Note: The owner's manual is lost or mis-placed.

After I hooked it up, and set the date/time, etc., the only thing I was unable to do is change the output from channel 3 (default) to channel 4.

Older VCRs have a switch on the back, but some new equipment do not. I explored the menu settings, but I didn't locate a place where I can change the output (channel 3 or 4).

Does anyone have information on changing the output from channel 3 to channel 4?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Reply to
jaugustine

agnavox

I was

=A0

t.

nge

You might have to remove the cover, or it may not be changeable, altho I rather doubt that.

Reply to
hrhofmann

**My VCR is the same way, no switch on the back. Whenever I lose the settings, for whatever reason, I use the VCR's remote to change it to channel 3. I push 0 then 3 or something like that :) The VCR always stays on channel three and I use the digital box to change the channels when I want to record.
Reply to
kaboom

agnavox

I was

=A0

The switch is part of the modulator circuit, it's almost always right next to the F connector (RF output). Have you checked the bottom of the unit, sometimes that's where the switch goes. If worst comes to worst, you can use a standalone RF converter to take video/audio signals and make analog CH 3 output.

It takes a strong light sometimes to see molded-in markings (black on black) that indicate the switch.

Reply to
whit3rd

Hi,

I looked on the bottom too.

Just to make it perfectly clear to the other person who said to set the channel via the remote, this has to do with the OUTPUT, not the input.

I went to philips.com to see if I could download the OM, but if there is a way, it isn't easy. Perhaps they prefer selling the OM.

John

Reply to
jaugustine

How about this?

1: set tv to channel you want your vcr output to be on.

2: turn vcr on (if it is a vcr/dvd combo make sure it is on vcr)

3: put in video tape.

4: press play button one time, release it, and then press and hold it for three to five seconds.

Reply to
kaboom

Hi,

Maybe I should have explained why I and my relative want the VCR/DVD OUTPUT on channel 4.

Her Comcast digital converter (not HD) output is on channel 4. I don't know if it is changeable, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time at her house setting up her VCR/DVD.

At this time, when she turns on her VCR/DVD, she has to change the TV channel to channel 3 in order to watch videos. When she is finished, she has to change the TV channel back to channel 4 so she can watch TV programs via the digital converter.

John

Reply to
jaugustine

Hi Kaboomicus and Everyone,

Here is an Update:

I downloaded the .PDF OM from Funai (I should have checked the mfg.).

Here is the procedure from the OM:

  1. Set your TV to channel 4.
  2. Insert a pre-recorded tape into this unit.
  3. Hit [SOURCE] on the unit so that the VCR OUTPUT light is lit. If noise appears on the TV screen, hit [VCR/TV] on the remote control.
  4. Hit [PLAY] once.
  5. After a few seconds, hit [PLAY] on the unit for 3 seconds. The RF output channel will change to channel 4......... When a picture does not appear on the TV screen, repeat step 4.
  6. Hit [STOP] to stop playback.

John

Reply to
jaugustine