Datasheet needed for Tung-Sol DigiVac DT-1704 Vacuum Fluorescent Display

Hello all, can anyone please help?

I have several Tung-Sol VFD tubes. They are all P/N DT-1704, but some have the letter A, B, or C, on the end of the number. (IE: DT-1704B, etc). Does anyone have a datasheet for these tubes or can you tell me what the letters designate? I'm looking for any documentation that describes the difference in the letter A, B, C used in these part numbers Thanks, Kevin.

Reply to
Keinert

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Keinert put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is an Archer datasheet for the DT-1704:

No info on suffixes, though. :-(

This appears to be the same datasheet:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi Frank, Thanks for the links. I had found these on the Internet also, but as you noticed, they don't explain the difference in the suffix letters. I am hoping to find someone with an original databook which gives more info. Thanks again, Kevin.

Reply to
Keinert

I can't tell you where any documentation is to clarify this question. I can only offer that perhaps these suffixes denoted slight packaging differences, or generations. Vacuum tubes added suffixes for such variations, but the functional specs were almost identical from generation to generation (unless one used a tube to take advantage of some specially tweaked parameter in that specific generation)

John

Reply to
John Hudak

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Keinert put finger to keyboard and composed:

Wikipedia states that Tung-Sol's business was taken over by New Sensor Corporation:

You might like to try contacting them:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

John and Frank, Thanks for the replies.

If I can verify that the "letter" suffix is a change that does not affect the operating parameters, then I'm good to go. I only want to know because I am trying to determine if all suffix numbers all inter- changeable. In other words, can a DT-1704C be used in place of a DT-1704B and visa-versa.

Thanks again, Kevin.

Reply to
Keinert