CMOS looks burned, isn't it ?

Hi,

Here is beelow 2 pictures of an embeded electronic board.

Upper view:

Back view:

I would like to know your opinion about the state of the 4 CMOS 823 components (I remeber from my engineer studies that "black" color is not good :)

Thanks

Fabian

Reply to
Fabian

It would help if you had the first idea what you were talking about !

Those components are resistors, not anything to do with CMOS and they're black because that's the colour they are made !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear covered the electronics issue.

FYI, you can reduce the size of the picture to speed up downloads for those of us that don't have as good. I use Photoshop to reduce pixel counts, usually to 800x600 and up the compression a little (lower quality setting). 100-200K pictures email faster and look reasonable - certainly adequate for what you posted.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

Pooh Bear a écrit :

Hi Graham,

You are totaly right that I do not know a lot on electronic. But when I was talking of a "black", I wasn't speaking of the components in themselves, but on the motherboard color aspect. From the whole board, the only part looking differently is the one I have taken with this "black" aspect.

Fabian

Reply to
Fabian

black

It looks to me like the *board* / pcb has been slightly burnt by the 3 resistors on your 'back' view that have run hot. See the brown discolouration on the bodies.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Irfanview ( free ) will reduce the file size nicely too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I would resolder all those connections in that area. Some of them look cracked due to heat. That amount of heat discoloration isn't unusual. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

I believe those are resistors and what you are seeing around them, the brownish stuff, is just flux from soldering. Were they perhaps replaced by hand at one time?

Reply to
mc

In data Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:49:27 +0200, Pooh Bear ha scritto:

yes, because this seems a power PCB and overheating is normal.

--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg