R512 burned

Hello, I am repairing a dead color tv - Toshiba 20A43. R512 was badly burned and zener diode D404. Can anybody help me with the right component values? Thank you very much. Bob

Reply to
Bobby Villamor

In a 32A42 and 27A32 D404 is 9.1 volts.

Look for a filter across it, this should give you a clue. My database only has a few entries, but the symptom was the picture off center to the right. If you have a dead set, this may not apply, but it's thew best I can do right now.

Also, there is a root cause for that failure. I can see the resistor going bad after X years, but if the zener is shorted, the voltage to that circuit was too high.

If the zener is in the power supply in your case, you really should get a print. You might try to borrow one or something for a 20" set, the cost might be prohibitive due to the cheapness of the unit. From what I hear the models I mentioned are manufactured by Orion.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly