Subject Author Posted Replies

Neon sign power supply question ????
Hi I'd like to replace the power supply for a window sized neon sign. On the outside of the unit I'd like to replace, it says "output 6.5KV " @ 30ma I found a power supply on line with the same sized...
10
10

Audiolab 8000A amp , 1984
Anyone familiar with the protection/ op relay cct? Would seem to monitor the junction of 2 resistors fed from each channel output. Pink, Rch, 47K Purple, Lch, 56K Why unequal? all inside looks...
3
3

Technics SA GX303
Blows main 5 amp power input fuse, F1. Same problem reported by another person around June 1,2001. Looks difficult to physically get access to any failed part. I ordered Service Manual and am waiting...
2
2

Mitsubishi hs-u746 vcr acting weird
Hi... We've got a Mitsubishi vcr, a bit less than 10 years old, that's been acting weird. It's less and less willing to play tapes, even new ones. On the occasions that you can get it to record...
4
4

HP P1005 Printer Repair
The usb cable was pulled sideways from my P1005. My child tripped over the cable. This has loosened the female usb socket in the recess in the top right hand corner (facing the back). I need to remove...

VCR Sony SLV-778HF PS problem
Hi all, I have a dead SLV-778HF vcr. The switching transistor tests ok and all the diodes check good. I found Q102 checks open. It is the driver for the switching transistor. It is labeled C4040, it...
5
5

Microsoft TV
bob
4
4

More Chinese fun..
bob
5
5

Olympus camera overexposes
Olympus FE-20 p&s digicam. Holding the camera up and using the display as the viewfinder, the exposure looks normal. Pressing the shutter button results in an overexposed photo. It doesn't matter if...
15
15

Creative CT1975-SAM pinout or equivalent?
No info found on these 11 pin audio output devices except "Creative used these amplifiers in the previous generation speaker systems, like FPS-1000 and FPS-1500." Here used on one channel in a 2001...
2
2

Magnavox 46" TV sound quality
I am a long-time lurker in s.e.r and have read much great advice, some of which I have put into use. To be clear, I have no intention of attempting a repair on this TV. I have weak (de)soldering...
18
18

ghosts on digital OTA TV
Before the advent of mandatory digital over-the-air TV, it was said that the picture would be near perfect, and that there woudl be no ghosts. Tonight I saw one, for a full half hour if the scene had...
21
21

samsung tv s51a chassis - smps problem, advice ?
extract from schematic: This Tv came to me with the fuse blown and the KA3S1265 chip missing. I replaced the ic, but have not yet plugged in. Basically , doing a few double-checks I saw that I have a...
7
7

Religious information
If interested in a simple explanation of the religions of the world visit

Panasonic DVD-LS850 Error H03 (any idea how to fix)?
I bought a Panasonic DVD-LS850 and it came up with the Panasonic Error 02 within the Costco 90-day warrantee period. Now the new Panasonic DVDLS850 portable DVD player comes up with Panasonic Error...
18
18