Subject Author Posted Replies

Wanted: schematic for KROHN-HITE MODEL 440-A Oscillator
Does anyone have the schematic for the vintage tube-based KROHN-HITE MODEL 440-A Oscillator that they could scan and send me, or point to a link (I haven't found one.) It's bigger than some...
3
3

Troubleshooting a digital thermostat
How do you verify that a battery-powered digital thermostat is working like it should? From what I've read, it seems that it is supposed to electrically bridge the connection between R wire and the W...
22
22

Germanium Power Transistors?
I think I might have toasted a/some transistor/s last night. I dropped a test probe into my tape deck, and saw sparks. I put it back together to check everything and the transport motor was running...
6
6

Electronics query re 68000 CPU
What's the best way to pause a 68000 CPU? I'm diagnosing an old game PCB and want to pause the screen so I can concentrate on fixing a hard to track down graphics error. Pausing it would help...
8
8

Sony CPD-15sx1 geometry
Anybody have a service manual for or knows how to correct geometry on an old 15" Sony CPD-15sx1 monitor? The video is at a slight tilt and the controls up front do not correct for that.

What does this do? How does this remote contorl extender work?
What does this do? How does this remote contorl extennder work? Can someone explain this to me? Product Description Still the greatest thing to happen since IR remote control. The award-winning...
16
16

Reverse Engineering Problem Help/Advice
As a hobby I have been dabbling in cinematography (movies with real film). As a result of the digital revolution there are very few ways to project film with a synchronous sound track without...
2
2

Onkyo TX-SV717Pro will not come out of standby.
I have a Onkyo TX-SV717Pro that will not come out of standby. PS is sending 13v out. i have checked the output transistors and they are good. does anyone know of a common problem for these amps? Any...
9
9

SN 74S196
I'm looking for four / five of these prehistoric reptiles from the ttl-epoch : SN 74S196. Google seems no offer to me other chances than ask here. Thanks. Massimo
8
8

Wireless Mikes ?
In general ,845-865MHz and this one in particular. What is the code-switch marked GR along side the ch sw? I'm asuming it whould have a stub wire aerial out the bottom but that is snapped off , what...
20
20

Is this an ink flow sensor? (Ink Jet printer)
I'm trying to troubleshoot an error with an HP ink jet printer (Photosmart 3210) that says "Ink System Failure". All other components seem functional. In the printer there is a small PCB with a few...
23
23

Sony KD32DX51 CRT tv colour problems
Hi, After having a perfect picture from day 1, my 4 year old Sony Wega KD32DX51 CRT tv appears to have suddenly developed a fault. Sometimes the picture is perfect but on some scenes, about half a...
9
9

You might find this interesting/amusing...
Thought you might like to see this worse case scenario of a microphonic tube. You gotta click on the link: 1929 Radio With Microphonic Tube
5
5

toshiba 37" lcd tv
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen. It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an overall...
5
5

New laptop hard drive cranky.
I am servicing an HP dv2125nr notebook computer. The problem was that it came up with a blue screen while booting and said, "unmountable_boot_volume." I took the drive out and mounted it in my desktop...
15
15