Subject Author Posted Replies

Tek 7000 Series Fixtures 067-0655-00 vs 067-0589-00 fixtures
We're running through the calibration on our 067-0587-10 Standardizers and they're failing frequency response. All points lead to the 067-0655-00 fixture going bad, which we only have one of. We tried...
1
1

Contactor coil: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz
NO NO NO! DC excitation of an AC-rated coil is never a good idea. DC coils and DC-activated relays are designed very differently from their AC cousins. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...
4
4

t.v. volume remains static.
Panasonic t.v., TC 20RA10LP.I replaced the audio ic ,an7523n,and the t.v now has sound but the sound/volume remains at one pitch. whenever I press the volume button whether up/down the volume remains...
6
6

Tektronix 7603
The old 7613 died. The power supply has a problem and I suspect something is shorted somewhere. So I ran across a 7603 on craigslist cheap, but with no plugins. So I figured there ya go, I don't have...
3
3

Black Body Information and For Sale
I know this is not a For Sale Group,,,what I really need is information,,th= en perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For years = I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel...
3
3

Microwave diode bad?
I have an older, 1998 GE Microwave oven. By the LG parts inside, probably just a rebadged LG. Lately, it's tended to 'thunk' when the magnetron turns on. A few times, it started rapidly cycling. Once,...
8
8

OT: Tek 465
Just bought a Tek 2246 on the 'Bay. This means the 465 will probably need to be sold, assuming the new one is OK and all. I would entertain serious offers from the good folks who know me here on the...
28
28

JVC HRS-5967EK wont play tape
I have this VCR, when you insert a tape the guide poles move forward and then you get a ticking noise in the mechanism and motor.
1
1

Hello Kitty Toaster
This toaster: is supposed to burn a Hello Kitty face on one side of the bread, but it can't do that unless it's set so high that the other side (the non- Kitty side) of the bread burns. Is there any...
28
28

Wanted: Vintage Tektronix Test Equipment
Hello Everyone, I'm on the hunt for some vintage Tektronix test equipment (400-series and 500-series oscilloscopes, calibration equipment, etc.) Ideally, I'm looking for vacuum-tube and...
4
4

WTD: B&K manual for 1074 Yoke/Flyback analyzer
How's that for ancient? Have one of these and would like to be able to use it to service some of the older B&W or colour TV deflection/yokes/flybacks used in early video games... Thanks, John :-#)# --...
2
2

What can I learn from, or make with, a Direct TV receiver?
It was on a pile of discards that a former neighbor left behind. A D12-300 if the number is useful. It's reconditioned and four years old.
7
7

Mitsubishi U65 VCR component ident question!
I've repaired the p.s. in my U65 that recently smoked (caught it before it went into complete meltdown thankfully!!!) and it works but the multi-function display is dead. 2 small resistors are smoked...
3
3

Microwave waveguide
Microwave oven was arcing, so after reading the repair faq I learned that the wave guide cover was a possible source. Sure enough the cover had food material on it that had carbonized. I tried soap...
3
3

TV aerial gizmo
Is there a gizmo which can connect to my living room wall TV aerial socket which will send the TV signal to my bedroom TV"s which presently have set top aerials on them. At the same time I still want...
10
10