t.v. volume remains static.

Panasonic t.v., TC 20RA10LP.I replaced the audio ic ,an7523n,and the t.v now has sound but the sound/volume remains at one pitch. whenever I press the volume button whether up/down the volume remains same but whenever it reaches 0 on the volume display on the screen you won't hear the volume. what is wrong here ? N:B There is no bridges across the ic pins.

Reply to
delroy_dobbs1

  1. The new chip is defective. --or--
  2. This problem existed before you replaced the chip. --or--
  3. You damaged something when you removed the old chip or soldered in the new one. --or--
  4. There really is a solder bridge across two of the IC pins (or elsewhere).

Always keep in mind what Sherlock Holmes said.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Quite so.

"Madam, I need you to remain calm. Trust me, I'm a professional and beneath this pillow lies the key to my release."

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Look for a voltage variation on pin 9(DC VOL) as you turn volume up and down. The new IC seems to be working else it wouldn't mute at volume zero. Google groupers have brains too. Jango

Reply to
jango2

Some Panasonics in the past were very critical of factory-original IC's. I once had a Pan portable as a test set in the workshop. It had a failed field chip when it first became mine. I recall replacing it with one of the same basic number out of the stock drawer, but the set never did work right, with all sorts of beam limiter problems as the brightness of scenes varied. Eventually, on the advice of a colleague who'd come across this before, I ordered in a genuine replacement from Pan. After fitting this, it worked just fine.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Is that a new feature for Google Groups? ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

r I

eld

ith

Chinese fakes and near equivalents printed on to meet unavailable requirements, it's already tough for us with component sizes being shrunk down to mils, dealing with this crap from the unscrupulous Chinese puts a dent in your wallet.

Reply to
jango2